Flourless Chocolate Cake
• Heat oven to 350ºF. Line a springform pan with parchment paper.
• Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler or a medium heatproof bowl set over a pot of boiling water, stirring occasionally with a small whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 2 to 3 minutes. If you used a double boiler, transfer chocolate mixture to medium bowl.
• Gently whisk in eggs one at a time into the chocolate mixture until fully combined. Add the sugar, and vanilla paste and stir until thoroughly combined.
• Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to completely cool before removing from cake pan.
• Whisk heavy cream and sugar, and dollop on cake before serving.
• Keeps refrigerated for up to two days.