MAKES ABOUT 50 3" ROUND COOKIES
• Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
• In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla paste and mix until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients 1 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
• Turn the dough out onto a cool surface and divide into 3 portions. Form each one into a disc. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or wax paper and chill for an hour.
• Position the rack in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and heat the oven to 350° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
• To form the cookies, roll the dough out on floured surface to about 1/3” thick. Using cookie cutters, press firmly to cut through dough. Gently lift shapes and place on lined baking sheets, about 3 inches apart.
• Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes
• Using an offset spatula, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
• The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days or transfer to Ziploc freezer bags and frozen up to two months.