Vegan Banana Bread
MAKES ONE 9x5-INCH LOAF PAN
• Heat the oven to 325° F. Lightly coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, line the bottom and two long sides with parchment with overhang on the long sides, then spray the parchment.
• Combine the peanuts, olive oil, 2 tablespoons sugar and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Mix well and reserve.
• Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and remaining1teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
• In another bowl, mash the bananas until completely broken down. Add the sugar, canola oil and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated.
• Add the flour mixture to banana mixture and fold gently with spatula until no traces of flour remain. Using spatula, fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
• Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the peanut crumble mixture evenly on top and lightly press into the batter so peanuts don't fall off.
• Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 75 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a rack. Use the overhanging parchment to lift the loaf out of the pan, then discard the parchment.
• The banana bread can be tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and kept at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.